Sunday, March 15, 2009

 

Blog Posting: An Excellent Way To Share Ideas With Others!

Many people have heard of blogs. A lot of people have their own. Then there are some people who aren't even sure just what a blog is.

For those people, I will first start by saying that blog is a shorthand way of saying Web Log. It is in essence a type of journal so to speak, where the author cann write whatever they want. You can make it private, for your eyes only, but then it'd be more like a diary. Rather most people decide to make their blogs public and share with the world.

Some blogs are general and just about whatever the author is thinking. Others, like this one, are more focused on a particular subject, or niche, as I discussed in a previous post.

Some people use blogs to network with other people who share their interests. Others use them to tell others about opportunities they have found or to warn about scams, and still others just use their blogs to rant about whatever is bothering them.

Either way you look at it, blogs are extremely popular, both to authors and readers. A new blog may take some time, even up to several weeks or months to get a steady flow of traffic, but if they are frequently updated with new content, the readers will come back and check on it, sometimes even subscribing to the feed.

Now that we all know this, it is clear that a blog can be an excellent promotional resource. Even if you're using it to promote things you are involved with, however, you have to take some time out to write posts like this one and my niche marketing one, which are not self promotional at all. I personally want to entertain and help my readers. I want to give them something they will enjoy reading and maybe even learn something from. If they happen to be curious or interested in any of the programs I discuss, I'd be more than willing to talk more about them. However, I'm not here to shove my self promoting bologna down anyone's throats.

That being said, if you post good quality blog posts and relatively often, you can get away with posting a few self promotional things that your readers might just be interested in.

I admit my first several posts were about the affiliate programs and such that I am involved with, but I needed to get some quick content and that worked, as well as being some programs that I am very supportive of.

I don't intend to have quite so many posts like those though, although if I feel a desire to discuss something about them, I definitely will, especially if I have a streak of success with something or think that something deserves mentioning.

Likewise, however, I will discuss scams if I find them. I am here to tell the truth about any money making opportunities that I try, no matter what they are. I'm not going to sugar coat anything and I'm going to be as brutally honest as I can to the best of my ability.

I urge everyone, whether affiliated with a home business, a GPT program, or not even anything money related at all, even if you just have a hobby you really like, to start a blog. Post at least once or twice a week and post quality stuff. Make your readers want to come back for more.

There's a good chance that if you are interested in something, there will be people who share your interest. If you keep posting, you will eventually drive in traffic, and there are several other ways to drive traffic to your blog, some of which I have mentioned.

In a later post, I will discuss the benefits of pinging and RSS submission.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]